06 June 2008

2nd year over!

Hello, we will be writing as a team tonight. Cameron's comments are in carat brackets.

After staying up till 3 am several nights this quarter grading students' papers and tests, <<and working as hard as is humanly possible, almost to the point of breaking and throwing the bookshelves all over myself (sometimes in the tougher moments, I would curl into a ball, suck my thumb, and cry myself to sleep, knowing that I would have to wake a mere three hours later to work more)>>, Cameron has finished! One of his Profs, for whom he TA'd this quarter, took us out to lunch to celebrate. <<It's nice when one of the overlords throws the pions a bone. Being a grad student is tantamount to indentured servitude. Stephanie is one of the nice professors--she thinks it's ok if I sleep sometimes. >> This is why I was not interested in grad school!!



Cameron has also been bonding with his bike. <<no no, bonding is not the right word...what word describes when you take a wrench and hit something really hard with it? >> He ordered a long-coveted road bike in March, only to have it stolen a week and a half later <<by gypsies in the night--except it was actually at high noon in the middle of campus.>> So then we ordered the same bike, again. This time the tire popped--3 times in a period of 3 days. We think the Ebay merchant who sold us the bike should be publicly censured and put out of business for selling a bike with a defective tire rim.


That's all for now folks <>

Love, Care <<and Cam>>


3 comments:

Becca said...

Cam I am so sorry about you bike! Do u love the road bike though? I would love to buy one. Congrats on making year 2 fly by! It will come sooner than u think- especially if u throw kids in the mix!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing one more year! I hope you got your bike fixed or got a new wheel. We're looking forward to having you here this summer. I know you'll miss Ohio's "delightful" summer weather while you're gone, but sacrifices must be made! Love Mom.

Arya said...

Hey guys. Congratulations on finishing the year, Cam! You're getting so close - I am very jealous. Bummer about the bike. That sucks. How's Ohio? See you soon.
Arya